Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Yes

So it's been about a week or so since I've written. I've been a bit busy and distracted which is, really, no excuse. I've neglected Bjarke and Iona, for which I apologize. This is my first prompt in almost two weeks and I'm not 100 percent pleased but it isn't terrible, per say. This is the first time I did a constrained writing.

[CW] Write a love story without using any adjectives.

Her touch was like a tango, igniting flames inside his chest.

He breathes in and out and rejoices as her fingertips trail down his face. He needed to drink her in and keep her in the circle of his arms forever. She was the ending he had always wished for. All these moments banded together after all these years is serendipity. This was the moment he had waited for.

He sinks to his knee and presents her a promise.

She smiles at him, corners of her mouth shooting up. She cannot breathe. This is what she has waited for. He would be hers for eternity.

Her voice was a song that slipped through the air on the breeze. Her answer -- yes.

2 comments:

  1. It's neat! Very descriptive and beautiful despite not adjectives! And yes, more Bjarke and Iona please! Lol. Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! I did what I could. Sometimes, when I see a prompt, it immediately comes to me. Other times it is a struggle. This one was hard because it required me to hearken back to my high school creative writing class days. How to describe something without using adjectives is very difficult!

      You'll be happy to know I just posted a bit more of Bjarke and Iona's story! I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete